Android is an operating system that runs many mobile devices. Malware means malicious software that is specifically designed to damage or disrupt any system. Android malware software can damage any android operating system.
Surprisingly, most of the mobile devices used worldwide consist of Android operating system hence the chances of getting damaged from such malware increases. With the increasing problem of virus the responsibility of eradicating it also increases. However, lots of efforts have been made worldwide to get rid of such problems.
Problems related to Android Malware is also in the latest news from U.S. Department of Homeland Security where it is stated that “Android is the most widely used operating system and continues to be a primary target of malware attack due to its market share and open source architecture. The malware’s like dns unlocker is also spreading rapidly and making our mobile phones slow.
The new government reports from the US have warned the state and local authorities about the dangers of security vulnerabilities. The report also notes that 44 percent of Android users are still running an outdated version of the operating system known as “Gingerbread,” which includes a number of security issues thereby resulting in many problems”.
It has been observed that by March 2013, Android was the target of 92 percent of all detected mobile malware threats. However, the best way to avoid any problem is to gain proper knowledge about it. Some of the steps that can avoid such problems are mentioned below:
Avoid Suspicious Websites
• It is always advisable to avoid visiting and downloading any materials from suspicious sites.
• Pornography is considered to be the key cause of threats from malware so better avoid it.
• Avoid dodgy sites to get rid of Android malware. Avoid downloading programs from third-party Android stores-
• Third-party marketplaces are the most common case for spreading such malware
• Try to stick to the Android applications given by the original mobile stores.
• Google play store is also safer among others. Careful judgment of any program is required before installation-
• Check before using whether most of the people are using it.
• Get feedback from them about the consequences after using it.
• Check the permissions of the programs before installation.
Try To Always Upgrade The Android Application Software In Use.
The best way to get rid of viruses is to upgrade the android system all the time as the latest versions consist of applications that can better fight with the viruses like with the 4.2 Android application the provision is such that some additional charges are required in case of any attempt to send SMS to premium testing services, so the option is in the hands of the user to use it or block it.
Use of Antivirus Software
Another way to avoid such problem is to install antivirus software in the system in use. Though it is not a total cure but one can just consider it as a preventive measure for their Android operating system.
So, better get acquainted with the latest versions of Android to get rid of viruses.