The people always run one operating system and that is more than enough for them, but sometimes it becomes unavoidable for them to use two different operating system on one PC. For example, with Windows 7, they want to install Windows 10 on their PC. Thus, they have to install Windows 10 on a separate partition. If there is no separate drive in the Hard Disk, you can use Disk Management utility for this purpose. If you do not know the functions of this service, you can search online by typing How to create a partition. It will not only show you the results for your search, but for how to delete a partition too. When you have created another drive, only then you can install Windows 10 in that.
Before Starting the Process:
- You need a bootable CD of Windows 10. If you want to install it through Microsoft website, you need to use Microsoft Windows DVD/USB downloading Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool?tduid=(2e7f74222dd7a1f34a9b062c845970e2)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-XMvf9cQUF9FR9mizE60INw
- for this purpose.
- Since you are installing another Windows, you need to backup your data so that your data may not be lost if you commit a mistake while the installation process of Windows 10 is going on.
Steps to Dual Boot Operating Systems
- Put DVD of Windows 10 in the DVD player and restart the system.
- It will show you the instructions, start following them to begin the installation process. Click “Next” until you see to select a drive where you want to install Windows 10.
- You have to choose a drive for the installation of new Windows. It should be other than C Drive where you are already running Windows 7. When you see different partitions of the hard disk, you will select any partition known as D: or E: to view its volume. Make sure it has a huge amount of space because you are going to install an operating system that requires huge space. If your selected drive does not contain much volume of free space, you can use “increase” its size to make the installation process easy.
- Continue the installation process as generally as you install Windows.
- Now, there will be no obstacle in your way and you can easily keep Installing Windows 10. The system will automatically reboot for several times as it usually happens when you are Installing any Windows. So no worries for this and keep Installing Windows.
- Once you have completed the installation process, you have to reboot the system. Now you will see both of the Windows options appearing on the screen. You have to select one operating system from the two that you want to use.
Please bear in your mind that you should use at least 2 GB RAM if you want to use two Windows on one system. Otherwise, the system will run slower and you will not be able to